For families of children with disabilities, finding childcare that is responsive to the individual needs of their children is a top priority.
Childcare providers work with many children with a variety of needs on a daily basis. The SCC R&R Program can help connect you to resources where you will be able to find a center-based childcare program or family childcare home that will be able to meet the needs of your child in an inclusive setting. If you need advice about finding care for your child with disabilities or special needs, require specific supports, or would like to talk through the process, the resource below can help.
Inclusion Support Warmline
The Inclusion Support Warm Line offers free support, information, and referrals for including children of all ages with disabilities and other needs in childcare settings. They can offer resources in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese (and other languages as needed).
This list of providers has been compiled by the Inclusion Collaborative. The list is not complete, and the SCC R&R Program does not provide recommendations for any one program.
- Email: WarmlineRemoteLearning@sccoe.org
- Phone: (408) 453-6651
The Santa Clara County Early Start Program
In addition, The Santa Clara County Early Start Program, a collaborative effort between San Andreas Regional Center and the Santa Clara County Office of Education, as well as a consortium of other community agencies serves children with many disabilities, including developmental delays, hearing impairments, vision impairments, motor impairments, autism, and multiple disabilities.
- Telephone: (408) 392-3801 or (800) 404-5900
- Inclusion Warmline Flyer
- CDC - Learn the Signs. Act Early
- CDC – Milestones Tracker App
- First 5 California – California Parent Guide
- Infant Development Association of California
- Parents Helping Parents (PHP) - Search the PHP Directory for Special Needs Resources from Birth to Adulthood.
- San Andreas Regional Center (SARC)
- Parent Guide to Choosing Quality Child Care – CDSS Community Care Licensing